In my Day 48 video, "How to Make a Crochet and Felted Headband" I teach you how to crochet this cute headdband.
This image is after felting. Here are the instructions for felting your headband:
1. Place your finished pieces in a lightweight pillowcase and tie a loose knot at the top of the pillowcase.
2. Start your washing machine with hot water, and wait until the washing machine has filled with hot water.
3. When the machine starts to agitate, place the pillow case into machine.
4. After 5 minutes of agitating, take out pillowcase, open it up and check your pieces. Wring them gently with your hands to see progress.
5. If not completely felted, place back in pillowcase and into the machine. Set your machine to beginning of cycle so it will keep agitating. Check every five minutes until your pieces are completely felted. This should take approximately 16 to 25 minutes.
6. When your pieces are done take out and gently wring with your hands and lay between a folded towel to remove excess water, form the pieces to correct shape if neccessary.
7. Let dry completely.